1 Who Are We
When used in this document, depending on the context, "we," "our" and "us" refers to AFL and/or State Leagues and the AFL Clubs.
Protecting personal information is fundamental to the Australian Football Bodies’ relationship with our supporter, members, players and business partners. All personal information received in connection with an Australian Football Bodys’ product or service, or in the conduct of the Australian Football Bodys’ business, is therefore treated seriously, having regard to the Australian Football Bodies legal obligations.
Personal information is information that identifies you or could identify you. The AFL and AFL Clubs are subject to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), including the Australian Privacy Principles.
3 Information Collected
Generally, the Australian Football Bodies collect personal information directly from your use of Fox Sports Pulse and any registration you make to participate with or receive information from, the Australian Football Bodies and any business relationship between you and us including via email. The personal information which the Australian Football Bodies collect and hold includes:
• your name, age, billing and/or shipping address, email address, gender, occupation, telephone number(s) and your AFL Club support;
• information about dealings with the AFL and AFL Clubs, including membership history, and subscriptions for AFL services;
• your AFL game attendance history where you purchase a ticket or use your AFL or AFL Club membership to obtain entry into a venue; and
• opinions and beliefs provided via surveys and questionnaires.
In addition, you may also provide to us and we may collect and hold additional personal information, such as:
• your credit card information; and
• details of the items ordered or purchased from us.
We also may collect additional non-personally identifiable information (for example, browser version, IP address) that will provide information regarding the general use of AFL Online.
If you do not give personal information to us, it may affect our ability to provide you with products and/or services.
Where we engage with you multiple times over a short period in relation to the same matter, we may not provide you with a separate notice about privacy each time we engage with you however we will always provide you with an opportunity to opt–out of receiving communications about that matter within each of those communications..
It may take some time to put an opt-out or an unsubscribe in effect so you may still receive communications from us for several weeks after your request is received.
For the avoidance of doubt, by opting–out or unsubscribing yourself from a mailing list of an AFL or AFL Club product or service this will ensure your removal from that particular mailing list but will not guarantee your removal from other mailing lists that the AFL or an AFL Club may store your details in as a result of your engagement with a different service or product.
In the event that you opt-out from receiving communications from the Australian Football Bodies you will still be contacted in relation to the administration of your player registration (for example team lists, change of venue etc).
5 Information from Third Parties
During the course of business, the Australian Football Bodies may also collect personal information that is given to them by a third party (for example, a corporate partner of an Australian Football Body or information that is on a publicly maintained record). This information forms part of the personal information described in this policy. The Australian Football Bodies will not intentionally solicit personal information that is unintentionally disclosed.
6 Storage of Personal Information
This may happen if our service providers are located overseas, or if transactions, information, services or products have an overseas connection. Where such parties are located overseas, you may have rights to enforce such parties' compliance with applicable data protection laws, but you may not have recourse against those parties under the Australian Privacy Act in relation to how those parties treat your personal information.
7 Use & Disclosure of Personal Information
The Australian Football Bodies collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for purposes including, without limitation:
• to verify your identity;
• to improve Fox Sports Pulse;
• to provide, and to assist AFL Clubs with providing products and services to you, to manage and account for the products and services, and to improve the products and services;
• to manage Australian Football Bodies relationship(s) with you;
• to provide you with information about events, products and/or services that may interest you;
• to facilitate the internal business operations of the Australian Football Bodies;
• to promote and market Australian Football Bodies events, products or services;
• to enable corporate partners and sponsors of the AFL, including AFL Clubs, as well as their related bodies corporate, to market and promote their products and services to you; and
• to our third party service providers in connection with any of the above.
The Australian Football Bodies may also disclose personal information where it is otherwise permitted to do so by law.
Where you provide your personal information directly to one Australian Football Body, although it may be disclosed to the AFL, that personal information will not ordinarily be shared with a different Australian Football Body. However, there may be some circumstances where this personal information is shared between Australian Football Bodies.
You consent to the Australian Football Bodies using your personal Information for sending you information, including promotional material, about the Australian Football Bodies, or Australian Football Bodys' products and services, as well as the products and services of third parties, now and in the future. You also consent to us sending you such information by means of direct mail, email, SMS and MMS messages. You can contact us using the contact details specified in paragraph 9 if you do not want to receive marketing information from us.
The Australian Football Bodies do not otherwise disclose personal information without your permission, unless the disclosure is:
• required or authorised by law, including without limitation the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
8 Accessing AFL Online
“AFL Online” refers to the AFL website with its top-level domain located at www.afl.com.au, all related sub-domains for State Leagues and any other AFL website (including any AFL Club website) which provides an AFL and AFL Club product, AFL and AFL Club service or AFL-related product or service including related mobile applications. You need not disclose your identity to us in order to visit AFL Online, except where personal information is voluntarily supplied, however our internet server may automatically record details about any computer used to access the website (such as the IP address, domain name and browser type), the date and time of access, and details of the information downloaded. This information is used for internal statistical purposes and to improve AFL Online.
The Australian Football Bodies may use “cookies” on AFL Online. A cookie is a small text file that AFL Online may place on your computer. Usually, cookies are used as a means for our websites to remember your preferences and are thus designed to improve your experience of AFL Online. Cookies may collect and store personal information about you.
You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
When you visit and browse AFL Online, our website host and some third party service providers may collect information for statistical, reporting and maintenance purposes.
• the number of users visiting our website and the number of pages viewed;
• the date, time and duration of a visit;
• visiting patterns of individuals accessing AFL Online;
• the IP address of your computer; and
• the path taken through our website.
The Australian Football Bodies use website analytic services to help analyse how you use AFL Online (Website Analytics). Website Analytics generate statistical and other information about website use by means including but not limited to cookies which are stored on users' computers. The information generated is used to create reports about the use of AFL Online. Our third party providers of these services may store this information. The Australian Football Bodies will not (and will not allow any third party to) use Website Analytics to track or to collect any personally identifiable information of visitors to AFL Online. The Australian Football Bodies will not associate any data gathered from AFL Online with any personally identifying information from any source as part of our use of Website Analytics.
AFL Online may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party website. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
If you are under 18, you should only use AFL Online with involvement of a parent or guardian. For their protection, we ask that anyone under 18 years of age does not attempt to register with AFL Online or otherwise provide us with any personal information without the consent of a parent or legal guardian.
9 Information Security
The Australian Football Bodies will take reasonable steps to protect all personal information within their direct control from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. The Australian Football Bodies will take reasonable steps to hold information securely in electronic or physical form in access controlled premises or in electronic databases requiring logins and passwords.
10 Contacting the AFL Regarding Access & Correction and Privacy Complaints
An individual may:
• request access to and seek the correction of their personal information held by the Australian Football Bodies at any time;
• make a complaint in relation to an alleged breach of privacy; or
by contacting the AFL’s Privacy Officer by email at email@example.com or in writing to the AFL via AFL Privacy Officer, AFL House, 140 Harbour Esplanade, Docklands, Victoria 3008 or telephone on 03 9643 1999.
You will be required to provide proof of identity in order to obtain access to your personal information. The Australian Football Bodies may charge an administration fee where access is provided. The Australian Football Bodies may refuse to provide access if permitted to do so by law. The Australian Football Bodies aims to provide access to your personal information within 30 days of a valid request.
At all times, privacy complaints:
• will be treated seriously;
• will be dealt with promptly;
• will be dealt with in a confidential manner; and
• will not affect your existing obligations or affect the commercial arrangements between you and the Australian Football Body.
The AFL’s Privacy Officer will commence an investigation into your complaint. You will be informed of the outcome of your complaint within a reasonable period of time following completion of the investigation.
11 Australian Football Bodies
For the purpose of this policy, “Australian Football Bodies” means all Australian football clubs and leagues affiliated with the AFL or AFL State Bodies, that being:
• AFL ACN 004 155 211
• AFL (NSW/ACT) Commission Ltd ACN 086 839 385;
• AFL (Northern Territory) Ltd ACN 097 620 525;
• AFL (Queensland) ACN 090 629 342;
• South Australian Football League Inc ABN 59 518 757 737;
• AFL (TAS) ACN 135 346 986;
• Australian Football League (Victoria) ACN 147 664 579;
• West Australian Football Commission Inc ABN 51 167 923 136); or
• Adelaide Football Club Limited ACN 008 101 568;
• Brisbane Bears – Fitzroy Football Club Limited t/a Brisbane Lions Australian Football Club ACN 054 263 473;
• Essendon Football Club ACN 004 286 373;
• Carlton Football Club Limited ACN 005 449 909;
• Collingwood Football Club Limited ACN 006 211 196;
• Fremantle Football Club Limited ACN 066 055 249;
• Geelong Football Club Limited ACN 005 150 818;
• GCFC Limited ACN 144 555 822;
• Western Sydney Football Club Limited ACN 130 190 242;
• Hawthorn Football Club Limited ACN 005 068 851;
• Melbourne Football Club Limited ACN 005 686 902;
• North Melbourne Football Club Limited ACN 006 468 962;
• Port Adelaide Football Club Limited ACN 068 839 547;
• Richmond Football Club Limited ACN 065 563 011;
• St Kilda Saints Football Club Limited ACN 005 174 836;
• Sydney Swans Limited ACN 063 349 708;
• West Coast Eagles a division of Indian Pacific Ltd ACN 009 178 894; and
• Footscray Football Club Limited t/a Western Bulldogs ACN 005 226 595
• An entity or body that is affiliated with (or licensed by) an Affiliated State or Territory Body.